Heating accounts for 66% of a household’s energy consumption. It is therefore essential to choose the right heating system to avoid exceeding your budget and to ensure optimal comfort.
Discover our simple steps to reduce your energy consumption:
– Set the temperature between 19 and 21°C in occupied rooms during the day and 17°C at night. Turn down the heating when you’re away, as well as on sunny spring and fall days.
– Not turning the heating up to the maximum to reach the desired temperature does not speed up the process, it only increases your bill.
– Install thermostatic valves that regulate the heat emitted by the radiators to reach the desired room temperature.
– Have annual maintenance carried out on the installations to guarantee their correct operation and maintain their performance.
– Your energy consumption can also be wasted due to the insulation of your home. Indeed, a poorly insulated house can lose up to 30% of its heat through the roof and 25% through the walls. You can save up to 80% of your expenses by opting for better insulation.